The past few days have been super busy. It started with my BCF (best cousin forever) birthday, followed by Eid preparations and then Eid itself. Now that everything is over, let’s talk potatoes.
I knew that I had to give this recipe a try. These potatoes were screaming out loud at me. Yup, these potatoes talk.
If you have never tried smashed potatoes before, welcome to the club *high 5*. It was my first but definitely not going to be my last. I look forward to 134859 more smashed potatoes in the future. These potatoes were fluffy on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside. Oh did I mention that you would actually have to drizzle some garlic and rosemary infused olive oil over these potatoes? Infact, it does not have to be dainty Miss Rosemary, you can use whatever herbs your have in hand. Chives, oregano, thyme, basically anything goes.
The original recipe did not use cheese so you don’t have to, but me and cheese are really good friends, so I had to use it. .
Potatoes + Garlic + Rosemary + Cheese = heaVEN in the oVEN
5 reasons as to why you should make this.
- These are delicious. My mom had 8 of these babies.
- These are way healthier than French fries.
- The kitchen smells heavenly when you are baking these.
- Kids and adults love them alike.
- These are perfect make ahead.
These delicious Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes can be made in just 5 steps.
- Boil some potatoes
- Lightly crush ‘em
- Drizzle with Garlic + Rosemary infused oil
- Top with salt, pepper and cheese.
- Bake and savour
These Garlic and Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are delicious and can be served as an appetizer with some sour cream or mayo by the side. It would look perfect next to a steak or burger too. I would actually love to serve these with the delicious Barbecued Garlic and Chilli Prawns or the amazing Tandoori Chicken. You can make this before hand. Just boil and smash the potatoes in advance and drizzle with the rosemary + garlic infused olive oil. Pop it in the oven, 30 minutes before your guests arrive. I promise ya, no one would be able to resist this.
Even my mother couldn’t.
- 10 medium or 25 baby potatoes (boil with 2 tsp salt)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 3 large garlic cloves - minced
- ½ cup of mozzarella/cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper.
- Boil the potatoes till fork tender and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Drizzle a baking pan with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Place the potatoes on the baking pan.
- Using a potato masher or fork, smash the potatoes till 1.5 inches thick.
- Drizzle the infused olive oil on the potatoes. Do include the rosemary and garlic bits too.
- Move around the potatoes, so that the olive oil gets under the potatoes as well.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and brown.