All these berries went into
Two fruit pastries!!
A delicious cake that is moist and soft. It actually reminded me of Sara Lee’s Pound Cake. The aroma of the cake filled the house when it was baking away. The berries made the cake delightful to eat. This would go very well with peaches too! So here’s the recipe for this Berry-ful goodness.
- 210g plain flour
- 200g castor sugar + 2 Tbsp for fruits
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
- 50g sour cream
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange peel
- Fruits of your choice (apricots, peaches, pears, cherries, plums, orange, pineapple, or any other fruit that is not too juicy)
- In a strainer place the prepared fruits (pit removed and cut into smaller pieces) and sprinkle them with 2 tbsp sugar.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter, sour cream and sugar together
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and lemon/orange peel.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder till well mixed.
- Mix in fruits bits and pour batter into prepared greased tin.8. Level the batter and add in cut fruits, do not press down the fruits down.
- Bake for 50-60 mins
- Leave to cool on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.