TGIF folks!! Aren’t you glad that Friday is back for a visit again? I am definitely elated although I know that I would be slogging away with the housework over the weekend considering that Eid is approaching next week.
The week has been a drag and the only silver lining was this big bowl of Farfalle with Spinach and Orange Salad. I had 2 plates of these for dinner last night and boy, it felt so good.
In fact, I didn’t feel guilty at all as there were quite a significant amount of veggies and fruits in the salad. There were lots of fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes and mandarin oranges, thus making it less “carby”. It felt like I had a plate of pasta and a plate of veggies. Simple mind at work. Oh, did I mention that there are cranberries and pine nuts in the salad as well? Loved the contrasting colors and textures that it gave the salad.
I personally feel that this Farfalle with Spinach and Orange Salad is the perfect food to have at a party or a picnic. Bring these over for a potluck and you are gonna be the talk of the town. I mean delicious and healthy?? That’s a double win.
Do give this easy, healthy and quick salad a try. Don’t worry if you end up having 2 plates of these just like me. It is totally cool.
- 3 cups cooked farfalle pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 4-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained (roughly 1 cup)
- 4 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries/craisins
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (You can use feta too)
- ¼ cup juice from the canned mandarin orange (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- In a large bowl toss together the ingredients for the pasta salad and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Drizzle over your pasta salad and toss to combine.