Egg stuffed baguette, my family heart you.
I always love to try out new recipes. I have a whole lot of cooking books and I am going to kick-start this year by making the conscious attempt to try at least ONE new recipe every weekend.
Talking about weekends, do you guys tend to cook more over the weekend or do you hang all the pots, pans and strut the Prada and paint the shopping centers red instead? Many a times I yearn to just chill with a good book over the weekend, but I always end up spending most of my time in the kitchen. (Maybe cause I don’t own a Prada??) Not complaining though because I do enjoy cooking.
HOWEVER there have been times when I just want to literally rot in the bedroom, eat instant noodles in a cup and do nothing else except lurk around on other people Facebook timeline. Sometimes I even lurk around strangers Facebook coz their timeline looks interesting and full of beautiful cakes. Yup I am sick.
Talking about Facebook, don’t you think some people tend to share too much on Facebook? I have seen people complaining about their mothers in laws on their status and there was one which said “Back to Facebook later. In the shower now.” When it comes to posting things on Facebook, it seems a lot of people are susceptible to over sharing. #oversharers
The 5 types of Facebookers that make me conjure up my brows.
- The sneaky Facebookers – He/she claims that they do not have time to log on to Facebook, but they will bring up something that you put up on your FB which shows that they have been lurking about your page. They also know what is going on in everybody lives.
- The show offs- Everyone does show off at a point of time, but some people OVER do it that they keep checking in to some place every hour.
- The over emotional Facebooker – Always sharing depressing status and questioning about his/her life. Every status HAS to end with a sad/crying emoji.
- The laundryman – Washing the dirty laundry in public – This often turns me off, especially when it is so personal. We really don’t need to know how you feel about your mother in law or how many boyfriends your neighbor have.
- The most romantic Facebook couple – They are forever posting mushy2 messages and explicit stuffs on each other Facebook walls. You know that reality is far from what you see on Facebook cause the last time you met them, they were fighting like Tom n Jerry.
I guess a lot people do not like the over sharing of food photographs on Facebook too? But since I do that pretty frequently, I refuse to add it to the tilt. (Read: Self denial)
Posting constant status updates on Facebook may be annoying, but a new study finds that over sharing on Facebook is also a sign of loneliness. Sad huh?
Back to our earlier dialogue about cooking over the weekend. I guess for most working women who cook, they can be split into THREE category
1) The one that cooks up a feast over the weekend.
2) The one that cooks light over the weekend.
3) The one that does not cook at all over the weekend.
If you fall into category 1 and 2, then this recipe is for you because it is delicious (I can see the one’s in category 1 nodding in approval) yet easy too (Yes category 2 gonna be happy too)
Thanks to Facebook, I saw the recipe for this egg stuffed baguette. I have been wanting to give it a try for almost 2 months now and finally I got down to prepare this.
It was delicious and best of all, really easy to prepare.
You basically fill up a baguette with yummy ingredients like eggs, leeks, cheese, bacon… etc.
In fact, you can easily customize this recipe. If you are serving this for breakfast, you can include your favorite breakfast foods. If your kids love sausages, feel free to stuff some sausages in the baguette. You can serve this with any condiment that you prefer. We liked mayonnaise and barbecue sauce with ours.
Just as I said, this egg stuffed baguette is really delicious. If you are looking to make something a bit special for breakfast this weekend, forget the usual bacon and eggs or pancakes. Try this Egg Stuffed Baguette instead! It is just like having an old time favorite breakfast with a new packaging!
- 2 small baguettes
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream/buttermilk
- 3 ounces cooked spicy sausage - cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion - sliced
- ½ small green pepper - diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cheddar/mozzarella - for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the top of the baguette and hollow out the inside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and cream/buttermilk. Stir in sausage, onion, peppers, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Divide filling into two equal parts and fill the baguettes.
- Cook baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 30 mins.
- Top with more cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Top with drizzles on barbecue sauce and mayonnaise.
Ummi dah cuba ni.anak anak ummi suka benar. Thanks maya
Oh my goodness, this is such a clever idea! Can’t wait to give this recipe a try! 🙂
Can not wait to make this. I have 4 chickens so I have so many eggs. !!! Thanks for sharing this recipe !
4 chickens? Wow how cool is that! If only I wasn’t staying in an apartment..would have got enough eggs to bake daily. 😀