Last night, I was in Greece having a mezze platter with hummus, lots of olives, cucumber and pepper sticks. It was heavenly…while it lasted at least. Dreams can be really sweet at times. I guess I am so in love with this green guy and it is haunting me in my sleep too!
Remember my newly found love? ↓
It was love at first bite. ♥
Have you guys tried the Edamame Hummus Recipe? If you haven’t, what is life like for you? Is it miserable?
I made another batch again because even my mom wanted more. This time, I used it as a spread in a wrap instead. This wrap is loaded with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and scrambled eggs seasoned with smoked paprika. There is of cause the star of the show (Read: the creamy, garlicky edamame hummus). Even without the eggs, it was delicious, but I wanted added protein. The wraps were deliciously crayzie!
This easy Edamame Hummus and Egg Wrap is as good for lunch as it is for dinner, or even for breakfast and brunch! I would be having it for breakfast till dinner. I just found out that Starbucks has the edamame hummus wraps listed on their menu. Erm, did they like steal my idea cause I for sure didn’t steal theirs!
I have the classic hummus recipe HERE. I just realized that this blog is not just about sharing my passion for cooking and baking. I am also documenting the journey and progression of myself in my kitchenette. I was making hummus from chickpeas 2 years ago and now I am using edamame. What’s next? Black beans, maybe? For now, I am still thinking of the future possibilities.
In the meantime, you guys have a go at this edamame hummus recipe okay? Imagine you and me, hummus’ing together! Once you made the Edamame Hummus, do yourself a favor and make one wrap for lunch and another for dinner too. I guarantee you that these Edamame Hummus and Egg Wrap is surely going to be your lunch box favorite!
I want to go to a picnic so badly. I wanna make this hummus and pack it with pitas, veggie sticks, all in a pretty basket. I bet all the other picnickers gonna be so envious!!
- 4 Tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- ¾ cup edamame hummus
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter or 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tomatoes - Deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper - cut into strips
- ½ cucumber - cut into strips
- Salt to season
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika OR crushed black pepper
- Beat eggs, salt and smoked paprika in a bowl till well mixed.
- Heat butter/olive oil in a nonstick pan. Once hot, pour in egg mixture.
- As eggs begin to set, gently mix the eggs, forming large soft curds.
- Continue cooking till egg is almost set.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoon of hummus over each tortilla.
- Top with the scrambled eggs, cucumber strips, slices of tomatoes and pepper sticks.
- Roll up your wrap and enjoy!
Mhmm this looks delicious! These rolls have actually made my stomach to start growling.
Cuba ni pagi tadi. Kami sekeluarga suka sangat. Thanks Maya.