The previous recipe that I posted on my blog took 30 minutes to be ready. Today we are doing a 20 minutes one!! How convenient! The lesser time you spend in the kitchen means you have more time to do other stuff. Housework, reading a book or binge watch some show on Netflix. 20 minutes meals would mean I can binge watch Emily in Paris again.
So guys, are you #teamGabriel or #teamalfie? Definitely Gabriel for me. That face in a chef uniform, anytime. And come on, that guy makes fluffy omelets. So what if he doesn’t use soap for his cast-iron pan? I can overlook that.
Okay sorry for digressing. Anyways, so as I was saying, this recipe takes 20 minutes to be ready. These Easy Sweet Sour Prawns is one of the easiest recipes to prepare at home. A simple stir-fry dish with easily available pantry ingredients. It makes a good meal prep too. These prawns are perfect over a bed of rice so that the rice can soak up all the sauces. Double yums! oh, this is a versatile recipe btw and it works especially well with fish too!
Do give this recipe a try and make sure to tag me on #mayakitchenette if you make it! xoxo
- 400g shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- ½ brown onion, cubed
- 1 cup capsicum, cubed
- ½ cup cubed canned pineapples + 2 tbsp of the syrup
- ½ tsp Chili flakes
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Chopped coriander/parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp vinegar
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add prawns and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion and capsicum and fry for another minute or two.
- Mix in all the ingredients for the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pineapple + syrup.
- Season with chili flakes and black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro/parsley.
- Serve over a bed of rice.