Hello beautiful people, how have you been? I was under the weather earlier this week with my temperature being on the higher side. I was almost convinced that I can do a sunny side up on my forehead. Well, I’m feeling pretty okay now, might experiment with the sunny side up on another day.
The weather has been quite unpredictable over here in Singapore. Hot and sunny, followed by a heavy downpour out of nowhere. The clinics are filled with people who are falling sick due to the inconsistent temperature. A good time for doctors I guess?
Anyways, today I am sharing a super Easy Prawn Udon Recipe. If you are not familiar with udon, they are thick noodles made from wheat. If you can lay your hands on some fresh udon, it would be great. Vacuum-packed udon is a norm over here, so I used that. Basically, you have to boil the udon for about two minutes till they separate and that’s it. Udon is great in stir-fries and equally good in soups, as they retain their bouncy texture.
This Easy Prawn Udon is a breeze when you’re in need of a speedy dinner fix. Throw in any vegetables and protein you prefer as these noodles are super versatile and did I mention that they only take about 20 minutes, start to finish?
- 400g udon noodles
- 300g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 5 cloves garlic, minced/chopped
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 + 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 + 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ cup sliced spring onion/scallions
- Place the udon noodles into a pot of boiling water. Use tongs to gently separate the noodles and as soon as they have come apart, strain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Push the cabbage to the side of the wok and add another tablespoon of oil.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in the prawns and cook until the prawns are just cooked.
- Toss in the soba and add the oyster sauce, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the chili flakes and white pepper and give it a good toss. At this point, you can give a taste test and add some salt or more soy sauce if needed.
- Finally garnish with the spring onion.