True story: I had no expectations from these Easy Garlic Butter Cheese Buns. I just wanted to make something quick for the nieces to munch on. As I am not into deli meats much, I was pretty sure this is not my kinda thingy. But boy, I took a bite of these buns and I was like wowzers! I mean everything was in sync. Buttery garlicy buns with the saltiness of the chicken ham plus the melty cheese. I guess you can’t go wrong when garlic and cheese are involved. A ham and cheese sandwich is a classic and one of the favorites among kids. However with the addition of the garlic butter, this would be an instant hit for kids and adults alike.
Basically, you cut a circle in the middle of the bun to create a valley to hold the ham and cheese. Obviously, there is the garlic butter that you brush on the buns too. Although this recipe uses extremely basic ingredients, I still feel that we can go so many ways with this recipe. I am planning to add some chopped Jalapeno and sundried tomatoes to these the next time I make it. I bet some chunks of pineapple would be good as well!
When a recipe uses Garlic + Butter + Cheese, you know it has to be good. So, do give this Easy Garlic Butter Cheese Buns recipe a try people. These are super simple for a party and perfect for a lunchbox too. Feel free to swap out the cheddar cheese with Swiss or American – whatever is your favorite. Oh, gruyere would be bombz too!
- 12 rolls or slider buns
- 6 slices of chicken Ham, cut into halves or quarters depending on the size
- 6 slices cheddar cheese slices, halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2-3 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- Black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
- Remove the middle portion of the buns to create a valley for the other ingredients to sit on.
- In a bowl, mix butter, garlic, and mixed herbs.
- Brush the garlic butter generously on the buns.
- Add a slice or 2 of ham in the buns.
- Top with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Brush the buns with more garlic butter.
- Finally, top with shredded mozzarella and a pinch of black pepper
- Bake for 15 mins at 170 degrees Celsius
- Once out of the oven, decorate with the parsley.