THIS IS A MUST TRY.
THIS IS A MUST TRY.
THIS IS A MUST TRY.
I am confused.
Confusion number one: I do not know as to what I should call this corny thing. I thought corn salsa would be a good idea, but then the instincts are saying, “does it even resemble a salsa?” I mean, where is the cilantro, onions etc? Salsa is usually colorful and pretty whereas these are not colorful and they are just VERY delicious.
Confusion number two: The skinny chicken was supposed to be the “star” of this post. It is healthy yet ridiculously delicious, but the corn salad is also healthy, crunchy and refreshing. So which should be the highlight of this plate?
Sunday was a sinful day. Sins that came in the form of cream puffs, satay, fried chicken and stir fried noodles, all on one plate, over lunch. Although I am always dreaming of a five days weekend, I am better off without it. Aren’t you glad that it is Skinny Monday again? Boy, I am surely GLAD. My Weekend was mad and as usual, it came and went in a blink of an eye. We had fun celebrating my mom’s birthday though. I love celebrating birthdays in the comfort of our home as it is cozy. Home is where the heart is and home is also where your wifi connects automatically. *Grins*
This skinny chicken is basically a stir fry, season with soy sauce + lemon + lots of chili flakes and seriously kicking despite being REALLY easy and simple. You can use ANY vegetables that you have in hand. I have made these so many times and I have experimented with a different mix of vegetables every time. Peppers, broccolini, asparagus, peppers, etc. This dish is packed full of protein, low in fat and has tons of fresh veggies. I loved how crunch the vegetables were! If you have remaining stir fry left, you can wrap it up in a tortillas and it would be perfect for brunch or lunch, the next day. I love recipes that are flexible and this recipe is definitely one of those.
The corn salad is a no-brainer and that makes it mind blowing. You just toss a balsamic vinaigrette over some corn kernels, top it with dried cranberries and there you have the most amazing corn salad, ready in just two minutes. The sweetness from the corn and honey + the zing of the balsamic vinegar + the saltiness from the feta cheese = WIN.
You can serve the skinny chicken with a side of lettuce and it would still be superb but If you serve it with this corn salad, I reckon, you would just end up having a better Monday.
I could go on and on talking about this Delicious Skinny Chicken Stir Fry and Corn Salad as the flavors are insane but I have some errands to run. While I am at it, please do yourself a favor and go make this for dinner now.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 stick celery, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic, minced
- 15 edamame or french beans (Asparagus would be perfect too)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (Use less if you do not like it spicy)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 canned whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp feta cheese or shaved parmesan
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breast into strips or cubes and season with a bit of salt and black pepper.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes.Mix in chili flakes.
- Throw veggies(except cherry tomatoes) into pan and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in lemon zest. Season with soy sauce, lemon juice and some salt if required.
- Finally mix in the cherry tomatoes, cook for a further 30 seconds and immediately take it off from the heat.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and give it a good toss.