If there is something I can eat on a daily basis, it has to be this Delicious Caprese Bruschetta and I am not even kidding.
I cannot ever get enough of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, with a good glug of extra virgin olive oil.
A classic bruschetta starts with toasted bread, rubbed with garlic. It’s then topped up with diced tomatoes, basil and it is already deeeelicious this way. Of course adding some mozzarella and avocado makes it even more delish.
I like to sneak in a bit of garlic in my tomatoes but feel free to omit if that is not your kinda thing. However, make sure to use ripe and plump tomatoes and a good olive oil won’t hurt either.
If I had my way, I would love to devour a plate of these Delicious Caprese Bruschetta everyday. Hmm, I am currently growing some herbs which includes basil. Maybe its time to grow tomatoes. OKAY. BE RIGHT BACK.
- Crusty loaf, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, cut into half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes
- 4 ounces Bocconcini/mozzarella
- 2 avocado, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Remove most of the seeds/juices from the tomatoes.
- Slice and put it in a bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Top with the olive oil and minced garlic and keep this aside.
- Toast the bread slices in 300 degree F oven till golden.
- Rub the garlic halves on the toast.
- Layer on toasts with tomatoes, avocado, basil and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and serve immediately.