Ramadan and Dates are inseparable in our household. Dates are rich in calcium, iron, several vitamins and minerals. It is also full of fiber. I believe all the above are enough reasons as to why we are encourage to consume dates during fasting.
Every Ramadan, I would prepare Dates milkshake often. We drink a lot of milk during this month; I always told my mom that we should consider purchasing a cow just for Ramadan! Pretty awesome idea, If we figure out where to keep it. Anyways, this milkshake is simply delicious.Decadent and loaded with the goodness of dates! The recipe is really versatile and there is so many variations. You can either
- Just blend a couple of dates with a glass of milk and 1/4 cup of water. (For soft dates)
- Boil/soak a couple of dates in 1/3 cup of water, blend with a cup of milk (Perfect for harder, drier dates)
- 15-20 soft dates
- 1L fresh milk/low fat milk (Use full cream or skimmed milk by all means)
- ½ cup to ¾ cup water
- Soak dates in water for about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, add dates along with the water plus milk.
- Blend till fine.
- If you prefer a smoother milkshake, strain the milkshake.
- I personally prefer the milkshake with the bits of dates. So full of Fiber!
Alternatively, if you do not have a blender, just soak the dates 1st, mash it up and add the milk and strain.