When I first saw this on my insta feed, I instantly knew that cold December was upon us. There’s just something about these buttery cookies sprinkled with bright green pistachio that just promises sophisticated comfort. The simplicity of this Chocolate Pistachio Cookies firstly lies in the ingredients, asides from the pistachios, everything else would be relatively easy to get. I did consider unshelling those pistachios that were readily available at convenience shops nearby instead of making the trip to the baking store but NK came to the rescue so my motivation-crisis was averted!
So the recipe is relatively simple, and asides from the double additional waiting i.e the refrigerating of the dough and the waiting for the chocolate to set from a dipped cookie, I have to say seeing NK gleefully pack the cookies into her bring home pile was an indication that it was all totally worth the wait. Oh, btw we freeze the dough instead which cut the waiting time by a forth! We are not that patient when it comes to cookies.
If you’re looking for something to bring to those Christmas parties, give these Chocolate Pistachio Cookies a try, it’ll be a crowd-pleaser, guaranteed. Unless you are NK, cause I suspect if we were to make these for a party, at least half would be in her belly. #certifiedcookiemonster
Oh, I did read from the reviews of the recipe from Baker by Nature that the cookie turned out chewier than expected so I did leave mine a little bit longer in the oven and checked to see the slight browning from the bottom of the cookie before pulling it out as we love crunch in our cookies!
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark/milk chocolate, for melting
- In the bowl combine the butter and sugar and whisk t on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla essence, whisk until combined. Then fold in flour and pistachios till well combined.
- Divide the dough in half, then roll each portion of cookie dough into a log and wrap each log tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160-degree Celsius and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a sharp knife, slice the logs of cookie dough into ¼" rounds.
- Place the cookies ½" apart on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack
- Melt the chocolate on low power, in 15-second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate then return to the lined baking sheet and sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios. Allow the chocolate to set before serving. To speed this up, place the baking sheet into the refrigerator.