Happy New Year beautiful people! Looking back and reflecting on 2018, It was a whirlpool of things. There have been ups and downs. Nevertheless, It was still an amazing year, with ample growth and learning opportunities. 2019 has not started on a rosy note for now but it is just 3 days into 2019. 362 days more to go. 🙂
So how has 2019 treated you so far? I noticed that quite a number of people are doing the no sugar challenge in January. As much as I want to join too, I am not sure if I would be able to totally eliminate sugar from my diet. I will try to cut down though. (Keyword: TRY) To those of you who are doing it religiously, kudos to you guys!
Last year, I wrote a whole post about resolutions, but this year I’m giving it a pass. Life is short, who has time to worry about resolutions right?
Actually, last year resolutions are still hanging.
So, let’s kick start the new year with these delicious Cheeseburger Sliders. Sliders are basically mini burgers and since these are minis, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating these. Strategy my friends. Anyways, these sliders are small, but they are still hearty.
Cheeseburger Sliders are a hit with kids and especially now that school holidays are over, some of you have to start preparing for your kids lunch boxes and these sliders will make things easier as you can prepare them well in advance. There are definitely customization too. Load them with your favorite cheese. Prefer turkey instead of beef? Go for it. In-fact, you can layer it with some chicken ham too.
Although petite in size, they are big of flavors and most certainly wouldn’t disappoint. Think soft toasted buns, juicy beef patties, creamy mayonnaise, crunchy vegetables and cheese. Oh did I mentioned that I toss the patties in some BBQ sauce too? It was simply delicious.
Do give this Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe a try and remember to make an extra batch so that you can save the leftovers for brunch/lunch the next day.
- 500 ground beef
- 12 dinner rolls, or mini burger buns
- 1 small onion, grated
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (Cut each cheese into 4 squares)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- Lettuce, sliced onions and sliced tomatoes for topping.
- Combine the beef, salt, pepper, grated garlic, grated onion, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and make 12 patties.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and pan fry the patties. Once the patties are cooked, toss it with the BBQ sauce and keep it aside.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Toast the buns slightly and place 1 square of cheese on every side of the buns. So basically you are using ½ cheese per slider.
- Place the lettuce and tomato on the bottom of the burger bun. Top with a beef patty and slices of onion.
- Drizzle some mayonnaise and place the top half of the bun.