Are you game for a fresh, delicious and easy peasy 20 minute pasta recipe? Let me hear you say yeeeessss! ❤️
I have not been a good girl, in the food department. It started from the Mother’s day celebrations to more birthday parties in the pipeline; all the food, the cakes and cordials that come along with these celebrations. Dang, food coma! After all the calorie overload, I needed something a tad lighter for my tummy, but obviously it had to be something delicious.
Imagine all the flavors of a classic BLT sandwich reflected in this quick and easy pasta dish. BLT = Bacon, Lettuce and Tomatoes. You can use lettuce in this salad if you prefer, but using greens like spinach, kale or arugula would make it more flavorful. I used arugula as I love the peppery flavor that it added to the pasta.
This BLT Pasta with Avocado Dressing literally takes 5 easy steps.
- Cook the pasta till al dente.
- Fry the bacon till crisp and set aside.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Blend the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss it all together well.
I love to get a taste of every ingredient in each bite. The tomato, arugula and bacon compliment each other very well. Obviously the recipe is flexible and you can customize it according to your preference. Wanna add some crumbled feta? Or olives? Anything my friend.
This BLT Pasta with Avocado Dressing is what I would call a “crowd-pleaser”and best of all, 20 minutes is all that it takes to get dinner to the table. Pizza hut takes 40 minutes right? Should I smirk or flip my hair?
- 250g uncooked penne (or any pasta of your choice)
- 6 slices beef/turkey bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of arugula (or any other greens)
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan (for topping)
- 2 avocados
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Cut bacon into strips and cook bacon in a non-stick skillet cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the dressing and process until smooth, if your dressing is too thick, thin it out with some milk or water. Salt the dressing well.
- In a large bowl, toss cherry tomatoes, arugula and penne with the dressing. Top with bacon, parmesan and more freshly cracked black pepper.