I am giving Skinny Mondays a pass because I am too excited to share this recipe. Hello peepz, its 3 days to Thanksgiving y’all!
Are you guys excited yet?
I am for sure. I already have the turkey in the oven.
Okay, wait, did I just say oven? I really meant freezer. I have a turkey in the freezer and It was a typo. I can wait, i think and erm…despite the fact that I am having these frequent hallucinations that I can actually see and smell the turkey baking away in the oven. I almost made a cranberry sauce to go with it, a couple of hours ago.
Besides the ol’ classic turkey, what are you guys having on the table this 27th? My family loves the Baked Meatballs in Creamy Sauce from Pizza Hut and last weekend I attempted to re-create the same. It didn’t really taste the same. This was lighter and fresher in taste and possibly more delicious too. I could be biased though BUT MY BROTHER ACTUALLY THOUGHT I PURCHASED THE MEATBALLS FROM A RESTAURANT! Pardon me for shouting.
It could only mean two things.
a) He felt that his sis (aka me) is not capable of producing such awesome meatballs.
b) The meatballs were too delicious, that the taste was of a good restaurant standard.
I am sticking with b.
The meatballs were seasoned lightly and no breadcrumbs or eggs were used. I gave the minced beef a quick grind using my handheld blender, thus the meatballs came together really nicely. I baked the meatballs, poured some home made white sauce over it and top it with lotsa cheese. Way too delicious. Everyone should be serving this for Thanksgiving. You might be thinking, what meatballs for thanksgiving?? Well, try it once and you are gonna swallow your words back. It is a challenge.
Not the kind of challenge between enemies, but the one between food families. You know I love you and that is why I want you and your family to savor this dish on Thanksgiving. ♥
Btw, did I mention that these meatballs are really wonderful with mashed potatoes too?
- 600 g minced beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion - chopped or grated
- 1 garlic - grated
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 garlic - halved
- ¼ tsp crushed black pepper
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp chili flakes (Optional but I added as my family likes it spicy)
- 2 heap tbsp parmesan
- Salt, if required
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, onion, garlic and parsley.
- Using a blender, process the beef till the beef is a tad finer. Do not process it till too fine though.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place meatballs on a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn meatballs and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. While the butter is melting, drop in the garlic. Stir in the all purpose flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth,mixed herbs and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cream, black pepper, chili flakes and parmesan.
- Do add salt if required.
- Transfer meatballs on a baking dish/casserole and pour sauce over the meatballs. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 10-15 mins till golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.