Are you guys a trend follower when it comes to food? There was the mermaid toast (not my thing), the tortilla hack (yes!) and now there’s the Baked Feta Pasta <3.
Anyhow, as I’m writing this, it is 7.30 A.M in Singapore right now. My day starts at 6am in the morning, every Tuesday. It’s usually a tiring day for me but surprisingly I am feeling good and energetic today. Sipping a glass of Ribena, with the song At my worst playing in the background. Yup, definitely ready to write a post.
So where was I? Ah, trending food. The Baked Feta Pasta was something that caught my eye. Anything with cheese, I am game to try. In fact, I tried it quite a while back but didn’t get the time to write about it. Today is the day I guess.
It seems that everywhere in my feed someone is attempting this pasta. The recipe starts with you roasting some cherry tomatoes, garlic along with some feta and add some seasoning. The actual magic happens in the oven. I’ve read that feta cheese was literally out of stock in Finland due to this viral recipe!
So is this Baked Feta Pasta recipe worth the hype?
Definitely a big resounding YES! I loved the creamy cheese with the garlicky tomatoes bursting away. Totally my kinda thing. Not just mine actually because my niece went for an extra serving (packed some home too!) and even my mom enjoyed it! I loved how fuss-free yet delicious this turned out to be. I kept some for myself and had it a couple of days later and it was still just as good. I love recipes like this.
If you are sceptical as to whether you should try this one, let’s just say, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. I promise you that this one is extremely good. It is that EASY perfect pasta dish that you can prepare while you are busy or just when you need an easy weeknight pasta dish that’s flavorful.
This is definitely something I am adding to my repertoire. Gonna try it with different types of pasta and even some new additions. I reckon some grilled peppers would be yum too! Go and immediately get a block of feta and tomatoes guys!
Watch the recipe video:
- 200g dried pasta of choice
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 250g block feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- 4-5 garlic, sliced
- Dried chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour ¾ of the olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, Top with the remaining olive oil. Top with more black pepper and mixed herbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts.
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions until al dente.
- Drain and reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Once the tomatoes and feta are done, give it a good mash.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. Add the pasta water.
- Top with chilli flakes, fresh basil and toss well.