Hello lovelies! Are you ready for some delicious Melt In Your Mouth Butter Cookies? ↓
It was an extended weekend in Singapore to commemorate Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is also known as the Lunar New Year or the Spring Festival. To put in simple words, Chinese New Year is basically “Christmas” for the Chinese! There’s new clothes, house decorated with pretty ornaments and plants plus a whole LOT OF GOODIES. Just like how family members would gather around the table and indulge in turkey and other yummy food during Christmas, the Chinese have a customary “Reunion Dinner” where family and relatives would gather around the table feasting on family favorites too.
The beauty of living in an Asian country is that we have so many races, religions and traditions here that we have somehow learned to accept each other cultures and practices and live together in harmony. In fact, most of us enjoy all the festivals celebrated by each religion/race. #learnfromustrump
During Diwali, you can see people of different races strolling down little India just to catch a sight of the pretty decorations and during Eid, a whole lot of non-Muslims would also be involved in shopping and buying food at the Ramadan bazaars. It is obviously not 100% smooth sailing every time but I am happy that in Singapore, most people from various cultural/religion can live in peace and actually be good friends and we take pride in this as we stand together as citizens of Singapore, regardless of race and religion.
These cookies are actually a copy cat of the famous butter cookies from Jenny Bakery’s in Hong kong! Even I thought that these cookies were really lovely. Buttery, melt in the mouth. I think the addition of the cornflour really played a part in giving it the melt in the mouth texture. As I was baking these, a few went into my mouth, unknowingly. In fact, my mother enjoyed these cookies too an therefore I had to make some “replacement cookies” to fill the bottle for Auntie Susan.
If you love butter cookies, then you HAVE to give this Melt In Your Mouth Butter Cookies recipe a try! These cookies are perfect for Christmas and Eid…but who am I kidding? I would eat this any day, any time. ♥
- 200g salted butter
- 60g icing sugar, sifted
- 150g plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celsius.
- Cream butter and icing sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add in sifted plain flour and cornflour.
- Fold the ingredients together with a spatula until it is well incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Put the dough into a piping bag with 1M/star tip nozzle.
- Pipe the cookies onto a baking tray. Leave a small gap between the cookies as they will expand a little during baking.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cookies turn light golden brown.
- Leave it to cool on a cooling rack before storing them in air-tight container.