I am back home after 4 days of spending time at my second brother’s house. No more singing in the late nights and no more neighbors knocking on the door. No more spending the nights looking
ogling at recipes on Pinterest and jotting in my memory as to what I would be cooking/baking the next time round.
No, wait…ogling at Pinterest gonna continue for sure. If there is a pinning competition, I might simply win hands down. For those of you who are not familiar with Pinterest, which planet are you from again? Should be from the same planet as me, a planet that is way behind others. Pinterest was launched in March 2010, which was like five years ago. I got up close with Pinterest in February 2014. Pinterest, where have you been for four years of my life?? To inform the unaware, Pinterest allows users to “pin” images from across the world wide web onto online pin boards. You can either share these boards with other users or make them private. You can also upload your pictures to Pinterest too.
I have all kinda boards on Pinterest. From sugarcraft boards to photography boards and a specific board that has all of Maya’s Kitchenette recipes. Just thought of making it convenient for you guys. ♥♥♥
So I have pinned a whole lot of recipes on Pinterest and one of those recipes would be this Chicken Avocado Burgers. Chicken and avocado??? I am a fan of chicken and I loveeeeeeee avocados. These 2 ingredients together? Dang, I just had to give these a try, even if I am gonna faint after eating these.
Burgers are popular probably due to the convenience of getting it and also being able to eat it on-the-go, but then again, a burger patty is more than just meat. Additives, sodium, calories.. etc. Sure, they are delicious but definitely not good for you, and for me and the entire human race. <—Michael Jackson moment right there. These burger patties on the other hand is good for you! These are delicious yet simple and definitely healthy. These are also Paleo friendly, Whole30 compliant and gluten-free. Absolutely no reason not to love this one people.
Best of all, these burgers patties only have 5 ingredients. Yes, you read me right, FIVE INGREDIENTS. Lean chicken breast mixed with garlic, mixed herbs and avocado. You do not even need breadcrumbs here! If you prefer, you can still add some breadcrumbs to this, but I didn’t see the need when I made this.
This doesn’t signify you have to completely swear off burgers for good. You can even savor a good old’ burger from Mcdees occasionally. When it comes to chowing down on this barbecue favorite, it’s always better to go homemade, where you have complete control over the ingredients going into your meal.
Tips to create a healthier burger.
- Opt for lean turkey or lean chicken. Yes, lean burgers tend to be drier since there is low-fat content. To add moisture to your burger, add grated/chopped onions.
- Use a healthy binding agent. Most people would use breadcrumbs. For a healthier version, you can use oats. Or even quinoa.
- Healthier condiments – Top your burger with salsa, mustard or even low fat sour cream or mayonnaise. Keep it light though! You just wanna drizzle with some sauce and not drench it with a whole lot of it.
Forget fast-food burgers people, time to fire up the grill with this healthy spin on a gourmet burger.
Feel free to load these patties onto your favorite burger bun or eat with lettuce leaves, just like what I did. This chicken avocado burger is a delightful and unique burger recipe. And it’s healthy too! I am thinking, what if I make these into meatballs and serve these with spaghetti bolognese? Wouldn’t it be perfect ?
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large ripe avocado - cut into small chunks
- 1 small onion - grate or chop finely
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Toss everything together in a bowl.
- Shape into desired size patties and cook over a grill or a greased frying pan.
- You can serve the patties in between burger buns, in wraps or sandwiched between lettuce.