This post is going to be a quick one. Almost as quick as how I finished eating a tray of these Kale Chips. ???? This is not a planned post to be honest. I was just making some kale chips for my own consumption and I snapped a couple of pictures for Instagram. By the way, check out my Instagram if you haven’t done that as yet.
So yeah, this is really a spontaneous post. Although the pictures are no biggie, but this Kale Chips Recipe had to be shared as they are perfect for Skinny Mondays! ❤️
What are Kale Chips?
Kale chips are kale leaves that have been seasoned and baked till they are dried and all crisped up. These thin kale chips are delicious, crispy, light as air and for sure ADDICTIVE. It is that hint of salt I’m telling you.
It is really super easy to make them. You do not have to enroll yourself in some kind of culinary school to get it right. Just 5 easy steps my friend…
- Remove the stems and tear the leaves into large pieces.
- Wash the leaves and dry them well.
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and black pepper on the leaves. (You can add a whole lot of other seasonings as well)
- Bake these in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for a bit and then store in an air-tight container.
Store these crunchies in a container? Who are we kidding here? I nom on the whole tray in like 5 minutes!
This Kale Chips recipe is totally adaptable. You can season them with smoked paprika, onion powder, parmesan or even lemon zest. Give these delicious and healthy kale chips a try people. Did I mention that these are VERY addictive? I know b’coz I finished a tray, didn’t I? Well, these kale chips over potato chips, you know which is better for you. ????
- 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees C.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and tear the leaves into large prices.
- Wash the leaves and let it dry completely.
- Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, store in an air-tight container.
Check out more of our Skinny Mondays Recipes!