These sandwiches have bacon, cheese and eggs, all put together, toasted and delicious. Do i need to say more?
and going on as to how delicious it was. I guess it took a lot of me to come up with that post. For once, the pictures were not the problem. The words were.
okay okay I shouldn’t be all dopey I guess.
*Sprinkles glitter dust*
Hey! Christmas is coming up! Have you guys gotten your presents as yet? I have not done my shopping for gifts as yet but am super duper excited to get started! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! Spending time with friends and family, opening gifts and getting away from work.
7 Reasons why I love Christmas.
- Spending time with my four cousins.♥
- Christmas Sales.
- White beard, round tummy and always so jolly, can anyone not like Santa?
- Pecan tarts! Mucha love.
- Gifts exchange. Small or big, presents are always wonderful and welcoming!
- Snow. It doesn’t snow here, but even seeing it on the television, just somehow brings warmth to my heart.
- I love Christmas trees and I love the illuminations and decorations that go along with Christmas.
A few days back my niece asked me; “Maya, is Santa for real?”
An an elder (ahem), how many times have you been asked such a question? You might be really experienced in answering this question, but It was my first time and I was not geared up with instant answers. Santa Claus brings such beautiful memories to every child and it is really difficult to tell them that he doesn’t actually exist (?)
During my childhood days, I used to wonder if Santa Claus actually exists and since I was a curious kid (Read: Scorpio tendencies already showing up), I decided to “put Santa to the test”. I went to my brother’s room, ransacked his closet and tried to get a red sock. I found an old sock and then I thought, Santa might be offended if I were to hang a used sock so I used a new pair of socks instead. Then I thought, do I hang just one sock or a pair of socks. My brain said that I should hang both, so that Santa can fit in more presents! (Don’t judge me, I was just a cute little kid at that point of time)
I extended to bed all excited at the prospects of getting something in the socks and I didn’t even peek once as I supposed that might alarm Santa! I woke up the next morning and the socks were right there, hanging by my bed with NOTHING inside them. I felt cheated and I told myself that I will never trust a fat guy in the red ever again. #truestory
Now that I am all grown up, Santa Claus always brings back such fun memories of me and my
brother’s red socks.
On a foodie note, what do you guys actually eat on Christmas morning? Do you guys go for a light breakfast or do you basically starve yourself in anticipation for the turkey, roasts and other yummy food? Starving yourself is definitely not a good idea unless you are planning to have the whole turkey to yourself which is not possible. (Right???) Personally, I like to have something simple, yet hearty for breakfast prior to a big meal later in the day. A favorite would always be sandwiches since we have bread in the house all the time. The same goes for eggs. If you happen to have bacon in the house, that would be amazing. (Read: A bonus)
These Bacon and Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwiches were created a few days ago specially for my niece. She loved the sandwich and I love love the grill marks on the sandwiches. I made them using the Kenwood Multi Snacker Maker that I received from my cousins on my birthday. It is a sandwich, waffle-maker, griller, toaster and griddle all in one. I LOVE it!!
These Bacon and Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are so worth trying, especially if you’re a fan of eggs with bacon for breakfast. They are a great make ahead too, so you can just make a batch of these for your kids lunch boxes, picnics and best of all, you can get really creative with additions like kale, mushrooms, sprouts. Etc.
These sandwiches are hearty, gives you enough energy to move about running errands prior to the Christmas meal, yet they don’t stuff you too much so you can still go for seconds at the Christmas meal. If you get what I mean. *wink*
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 slices crisp bacon (I used beef bacon)
- 3 eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes/cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of cheese (cheddar or gruyere)
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp butter/olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a pan, add a small knob of butter or olive oil and scramble the eggs. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise of each side of the 4 slices of bread.
- Place 1 slice of bread on a board/plate and top with a slice of cheese.
- Top with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon and finish off with another slice of cheese.
- Cover with other slice of bread.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or panini maker.
- Place sandwiches on the grill/panini maker and grill till golden.
- Serve immediately. I love to eat these with a dash of barbecue sauce!