How do you like the idea of sipping a peach pie smoothie? Yup, a smoothie that has all the flavors of a peach pie. Ingenious isn’t it?
Although I would love to have a smoothie every single morning, truth is, I rarely get to do so. But seriously, smoothies are no longer a “breakfast thingy” anymore. It can easily be a snack or even a dessert, especially when you have flavors like this one.
This peach pie smoothie is simple, refreshing and luxurious. It uses really simple ingredients like peaches, yogurt, milk, honey and some spices. I managed to put my hands on some very sweet fresh peaches, but you can opt to use canned or frozen peaches instead.
This Peach Pie Smoothie might taste just like a dessert, but it is healthy and that itself is a winner. This smoothie would definitely be enjoyed by both young and old. Now I am tempted to do a Apple Pie Smoothie next. While I am at it, you should go and make yourself one of this smoothie right now!
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh peaches, frozen
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
- Crushed shortbread/oatmeal cookies
- Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with toppings, if desired.
Alternatively, you can just use ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon too.