Two days back, I shared a post as to how to prepare quinoa. Reason was, I want you guys to try this salad.
YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS RECIPE!!! If this sounds like I am shouting, then I’m not sorry one bit, as I want you guys to understand that you NEED to try this recipe.
I’m so in love with this Delicious Quinoa Salad that I don’t even know where to start?
What makes this salad so addictive? Is it the flavorful quinoa cooked in broth or is it the refreshing kick from the lemon juice? Maybe it is the crunchy cucumber and the stunning red honey cherry tomatoes bursting with its delicious juices or is it the salty feta that you get with every single bite. It could also be the dry sweet cranberries that complimented the light and citrusy dressing very well. ♥
Whatever the reason is, this quinoa salad is the bomb despite it being totally vegetarian. If you want more protein to your quinoa salad, you can easily add chunks of chicken, turkey or even bacon.. but this salad is perfect the way it is, I would not make any changes. ♥
This salad is really versatile and can be eaten on its own or with a side of grilled prawns or even salmon. ↓
This Delicious Quinoa Salad is not only a healthy eater’s dream but also It would be enjoyable for everyone who like a marriage of flavours on their plate. Although I used cucumbers and tomatoes for the salad, feel free to use which ever vegetables that your heart desires. For the cucumbers, I prefer to use Japanese or English ones because they have less seeds and water content. You need to scrape out the seeds however, since you would not want to make your salad watery.
Just looking at the pictures make me crave for a bowl of this amazing salad that is a delicate blend of flavours. Despite the dimension in flavors, this salad has the right balance of everything. I hope you guys would give this favorite recipe of mine a try! It is as simple as cook, chop, toss and enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ Cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Small Japanese/English cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- A handful of chopped basil OR cilantro
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Small clove garlic, grated or mashed into a paste
- 1 Small red onion, diced
- 2 Green chilies, sliced
- 3 Tablespoon of feta, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper and give it a light whisk.
- Add chopped onion, chilies, garlic and feta.
- Mix in the tomatoes, cucumber, cranberries and quinoa.
- This can be eaten now or allow it to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour so that the flavours can develop.
- Just before serving, top with chopped basil or cilantro.