Can I pin this picture right on top of the blog for the whole of 2015? I know it is only February, but seriously, this was by far my best meal for 2015! The best salmon recipe ever!! I was mind blown! I can eat this forever.
Best salmon ever!
I was really tempted to name this as Best salmon forever! I knew I might get strange stares for that, but I didn’t really care because this is indeed the best salmon forever!!
Okay, I know I am overusing “best salmon”, but trust me, I don’t use the word best that much.
Meanwhile, this dish is “simplicity at its best”. I made this on Saturday for dinner. On Sunday morning, I was frosting these ↓
But all I could think was last night dinner↓
I was never big on Salmon till this Simple Caramelized Salmon came along.
Most people around me loved salmon and I felt compelled to try, you know, like an obligation kind of liking? Today, I am a huge fan of salmon, when it is prepared right. In fact, my mother started loving salmon too. I am going to somehow make everybody in the family eat salmon too. That’s the resolution in March. *Fist palm*
The salmon gets a good rub of cumin, fennel, dried herbs and smoked paprika. Talking about smoked paprika, I was not able to take my hands on it for the longest time ever and my cousin bought some for me from Aussie. It is my most favorite spice for now and I keep it like a treasure in this small drawer, in my pantry. I am very vexed that I might use up that packet of paprika. (Read: very, very worried.) I don’t think I can get back to normal paprika anymore. While the world is facing big big issues, I am more concerned about laying my hands on some smoked paprika. I am that simple a girl.
Someone pat on my back already. *inserts roll-eyes emoji*
Anyways, If you are looking for JUST ONE healthy and delectable recipe on this blog, then look no more.
The marriage of this pan fried salmon and this super quick avocado salsa is just incredible. When recipes taste like this one, it is easy to live a healthy lifestyle. It’s totally about the flavors, folks.
This recipe is,
Healthy – checked
Fresh – checked
No processed ingredients – checked
Quick – checked
Delicious – checked
I also served the salmon with these 5 Ingredients Lemon Asparagus since I wanted more greens on my plate.
This dish had me floating on cloud nine. You have to most certainly give this one a try. This Best Salmon with Avocado Salsa is one of my MOST favorite recipe on my blog. It is super fast to whip up, yet so yummy and fancy looking.
On Tuesday, I am going to the supermarket. No prize for guessing what is going be there on the shopping list.
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dried mixed herbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Juice from half a lemon or 2 limes
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 small green chili – chopped (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all of the seasoning and salt and rub the salmon fillets with this seasoning mix. Marinade for at least 10-15 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the frying pan 1 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the salmon fillets.
- Alternatively, you can cook the salmon over the grill too.
- In the meantime, combine the avocado, onion, green chili, cilantro, lime/lemon juice and salt in a bowl and mix well. You can also make this in advance. Just chill until ready to use.
- Plate the salmon and top with the avocado salsa.