I saw these Peanut Butter Sandies on Ovenhaven’s blog and decided to give it a try. I am not biggest peanut butter fan. When I sink my teeth into this “cookie”. I was stunned for a moment! I thought maybe it’s still warm so I let it cool down completely. The result were still the same! I was so sure I must have made a mistake somewhere! It felt as if I was eating peanut butter right from the bottle! It was supposed to be “a cookie” right….not just spoonfuls of peanut butter?? These were not at all crunchy, they just melts in your mouth! I tried to think where I went wrong. I halved E recipe, but I surely made no changes to the recipe…hmm. So I decided to visit Ovenhaven’s blog and read that particular entry once again.
“These peanut butter sandies were dense, and simply melted in your mouth. If you are a huge fan of peanut butter, this is the best there is out there. I say that
with no qualms because it really felt as though you were eating peanut butter out of the jar, complete with that authentic peanut-butter-sticking-to-the-roof-of-your-tongue feeling.These would cure any peanut butter cravings within the first bite, yet they leave you reaching into that cookie jar addictively.”
Omg! So it was supposed to taste like that! I must have read that entry with my eyes closed!
Anyways, a few hours later, I tried the “cookies” again. E 2nd time It tasted better. By the time, I had 3-4 sandies, I actually loved it!! I gave a few to a friend and even she loved it crazieee! These are indeed addictive and as I type this post, I’m actually craving for these. So much for being stunned and disappointed initially! All’s well that ends well! 🙂
- 1¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and peanut butter.
- Slowly add flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using your hands, roll about a tablespoons of dough together into a ball.
- Place on an greased cookie sheet and press slightly to flatten.
- Bake 8 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes then carefully remove to wire racks to continue to cool.
- It is best to allow them to cool completely before storing