Weekend was awesome! My BCF (best cousins forever) came over for a sleepover! 🙂 Basically I had 2 sleepless nights. We only slept in the early mornings. On the 1st day, I had only 25 minutes of sleep! We ate, played cards…ate…watched movies till 6am!
Just E thought of it now makes me wanna have some now!
Look at the pictures. Doesn’t it look good? Bear in mind that these pics are totally unedited, was captured at 2am with poor lighting. This is a must try recipe…but plzzzz serve it with the killer sauce! Infact I insist! 😀
- 225 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 225 g butter
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped walnuts (I omitted this)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 125 ml double cream
- 2 x 15 ml tablespoons coffee or 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 x 15 ml tablespoon golden syrup (I used 3 tbsp maple syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
- Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped walnuts. Turn into a 24 cm square baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey. Once cooler, cut into 16 squares.
- Break up the chocolate and put into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients, then place the pan over a gentle heat and let everything melt together.
- Once everything has melted, stir well, take off the heat and pour into a jug to serve.